Monday, April 27, 2015

Garlic Oil


This month for the Secret Recipe Club I was assigned Susan's blog The Wimpy Vegetarian.
Susan speaks of her journey as she moved to a plant based diet. It is challenging to cook different diets in the same household. Susan handles this with ease. While I cook both veg and and non veg meals at home I was amazed at her repertoire of dishes, be they condiments to sides to salads to mains. While I hovered over a few dishes, finding it very difficult to make up my mind, I finally decided to try this Garlic Olive Oil. Since I've been wanting to try infused oil for a while, I saw great potential uses in this one. I have used and planning to use this one in sundried tomatoes, pasta sauce, pesto, to name a few. Do hop over to Susan's blog to know more.

Ingredients
1 cup olive oil
20 large garlic cloves smashed

Preparation

  • Warm 1 tbs oil over medium low heat, add the garlic and sauté until softened,
  • Add the remaining oil and keep warm for 45 mins.
  • If the garlic begins to simmer remove from the heat to cool before rewarming.
  • Strain the oil.
  • Store for 3 weeks in fridge or 1week outside.
  • Use as required.





15 comments:

  1. This would make a great gift too! Happy Reveal Day!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This sounds amazing.... I think I'd put it on EVERYTHING!! Yum!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This sounds so good and could be used for so many things!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds wonderful - we're huge garlic fans in my house; I can envision lots of delicious uses!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I can think of so many ways to use this oil!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Garlic oil is so versatile and delicious and it is so much better making your own.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such a versatile oil! Great pick this month :) PS...I enjoyed reading through your blog this month!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a great choice for this month - flavoured oils are always so handy to have in the store cupboard - great for those quick mid-week meals when you want the flavour, but don't always have the time to be pfaffing around peeling and sauteeing garlic.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm so glad you enjoyed my Garlic Oil! It's a great little condiment to have hanging around - you'll be surprised at all the ways you'll use it! Thanks so much for the kind comments :-)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Garlic oil and other infused oils can be so convenient to have around in the kitchen...

    ReplyDelete
  11. This would be sooo dangerous to have in my house :) Happy belated reveal day!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I haven't made infused oils yet either. Garlic oil seems simple enough and will be used often too.

    great pick this month!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh my gosh that's so much garlic! But I bet this oil is fantastic - I'd spread that baby on bread and toast it up for garlic bread the easy way.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin